Part-time Dance teacher
Do you have a passion for teaching children to dance?
We’re looking for a new part-time dance teacher at Dancercise (based at LCDC Studios in Musselburgh) to join our friendly, enthusiastic team as a vital member of our teaching staff.
This new and exciting role will involve teaching multiple age groups across multiple genres of dance, including ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop and commercial. We are looking for an experienced qualified teacher with a BA in dance or an accredited dance teachers qualification, with 3+ years experience.
At Dancercise, everyone is welcome. We create a world where young people are free to truly express themselves through dance, no matter their ability or capability. We believe all students can achieve what their hearts desire and we support them every step of the way.
We not only nurture our students, but also our staff, creating an inclusive environment that cares for each individual and provides a place for everyone to thrive.
Through our world-class dance tuition, we watch as our dancers grow in confidence each week as they become the best version of themselves – and most importantly have fun! We watch as friendships blossom and they find a sense of belonging each week at our welcoming and accessible studio space.
This role is a part-time role with negotiable hours and could include weekend and evening classes.
Join us at an exciting time as we look to expand our dance studio to bring accessible dance to children over Scotland – and know that you are a part of making it happen!
- Part-Time (Hours negotiable)
- Provide a fun and creative environment.
- Teach various dance techniques at different levels.
- Engage, encourage, and motivate children.
- Create and maintain active and collaborative relationships with the children, and parents, encouraging them to succeed in learning desired dance forms.
- Planning lessons.
- Selecting music and preparing routines.
- Showing children how to warm up and dance safely, in order to minimise the chances of injury.
· PVG Membership (Children) is an essential requirement of this post.
· Emergency First Aid qualification.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Energetic, driven, creative, and dependable.
· Demonstrate patience and leadership skills.
· Effective organisational and time management skills.
· Ability to work without close supervision.
· Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Location: LCDC Studios, Unit 9 Newhailes Business Park, Newhailes Road, Musselburgh, EH21 6RH
Reference ID: MELCDC
Part-time hours: 0-20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Please confirm you have either BA or Accredited Dance Teaching Qualification?